Class 5 Softswitch is the first thing one needs to consider providing the calling services in the local network, more specifically residents, small offices and home offices. It is a software-based switch which routes, bills and manages the calls over IP, which allows ITSPs to offer better quality services in cheap rates
In the past decade, communication has gone through major changes. The traditional, bulky hardware and switches are replaced by easier to handle and use softswitches and digital devices. The class 5 Softswitch is one of such inventions of the Telecom industry. It is the best and must have solution to offer the highest quality calling services, along with many more features. That also at cheaper rates! Due to its advanced characteristics and cost benefits, more and more enterprises are opting for VoIP based communication solutions. It is not much feasible for a company or startup to set up a server and other related software to take benefit of the VoIP calling services. Thus, they subscribe to the ITSPs (Internet Telephony Service Provider). This has given a wave to the ITSP business.
If you are an ITSP, who is still using the traditional system and want to switch over the SIP or you are a startup ITSP and want to start providing the VoIP telephony services in your network then class 5 Softswitch is the first thing you need to consider.
Nitty Gritty of Class 5 Softswitch
- It is a software installed on a server, which works as a telephone routing exchange. It plays the role of a media gateway to route calls from source to the desired destination.
- The class 5 VoIP Softswitch can be connected to the IP phone, traditional phone, cloud or other VoIP Softswitch.
- When a caller makes a call from the traditional telephone system, the analog signal gets converted into the digital signal, which gets traversed over internet lines. On the receiving end, if the telephone system is traditional, then the digital signal gets converted into the analog signal.
- If both the caller and receiver use the IP phones then the signal will be routed as the digital signal itself.
As the class 5 Softswitch uses the IP lines and digital signals for routing the call and data, it keeps the quality intact. Using class 5 softswitch the ITSP or VoIP service provider can provide the following features to their clients:
- Call Authentication
- Call Routing
- Analog to digital conversion and vice verse
- IP IVR
- Call back
- Voice recognition
- Video conferencing
- Auto provisioning
- Caller ID
- Emergency number dialing
- Call on hold
- Call waiting
- Number portability
- And more.
The ITSP can take benefit of following features:
- Carrier grade platform
- Codec support
- Media Transcoding
- CDR Reports
- Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting
- And more
As mentioned earlier, the class 5 Softswitch is a software solution. Thus, it removes extra hardware and wiring, One may use and manage it using a graphical user interface. This makes it easy to understand and use. Also, it reduces the cost of maintenance. It comes with the flexibility of adding and removing the lines based on the growth of the business, which makes it a perfect fit for the startup VoIP service provider. There are many VoIP development companies, which offer custom class 4 switch development services. One may use specific features as per the business model.
This is the core information of the class 5 Softswitch to use the SIP based switch for offering the communication services.
Looking for class 5 Softswitch solution? We can provide the best class 5 switch solution. To discuss your project needs, get in touch with us.